Are you planning a trip to Tulum? Well look no further for an ultimate travel guide for Tulum, Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. Check out all of the hottest activities, tours, clubs, and adventures in this blog written by a women who lives in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico named Sherry Thorpe- Hey-that’s me! Also I am a travel agent so if you’d like for me to plan your trip with the discounts that I receive below feel free to join my FB Group travel therapy.pto and/or send me a DM on Instagram @traveltherapy.pto.
I moved to Playa Del Carmen by accident lol. I went for an extended escape from the United States of America and fell in love with Mexico and decided to become an Expat permanently. I have learned so much by living in the Playa Del Carmen/Tulum area and I am excited to share the ultimate plug list with YOU. Please mention my name when reaching out to the companies below like Black Travel Gram, Playa Noir, and The Tribe Tulum.
Arriving in Cancun Airport- Keep in mind UBER cannot drive to the airport so you should coordinate a pick up from your hotel/resort. You may also schedule a ride with the ADO- click here to schedule a ride.
Videographers/ Photographers – If you need a photographer/videographer while in town, I have that plug too. Check out some of my favorite photographers/videographers/drone footage as well.
Light House Media click to view portfolio
Land Tours/ Events
Plenty of parties in Tulum. Check out the famous restaurant/beach club Taboo. Please know a reservation is necessary to enter the beach club as there are no walk ins. Check out the highlight below of our experience there (video recording and edited by Urban Dan on IG) view footage below.
Ambar Tulum has Bottle service, hookah and guest DJs. Check the below website and Instagram pages for weekly events.
You can book a private Yacht or join a group trip by clicking here.
Activities in Tulum
Check out all of these activities you can do. You can book directly by clicking the link on the trusted site.
- Best ATV Tour, Ziplines and Cenote Swim with Lunch and Transport may be Included depending on location starting at $55
- Chichen Itza, Cenote & Valladolid All-Inclusive Tour starting at $30
- Swim with Whale Sharks from Cancun, Riviera Maya and Tulum Transportation Included starting at $162
- Luxury Catamaran tour to Isla Mujeres with transportation from Tulum starting at $108
- Full Day Tour with Lunch: Explore Cozumel Island by Jeep starting at $135
Balloon Decor for weddings, birthday, anniversary celebrations.
Balloons By Creative Cherished OneClick here to view more balloon decor and to book🎈
Xcaret Parks is an amusement park very unique from our usual American Built Six Flags. Xcaret has other amusement parks such as Xplor, Xel-Há, Xavage, Xcaret, Xplor Fuego, Xavage, Xoximilco. View the activities that are included in some of the the following amusement parks.
- Carnival-type games at the start of the evening.
- Mexican gondola ride through festive canals.
- Dinner with the distinct flavors of Mexican cuisine.
- Open bar of beer, tequila, rum, and vodka, with soft drinks and aguas frescas.
- Ropes Course
- Children’s Area
- Jet Boat
- Monster Truck
- Delicious food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Pinwheel, the departure point where the magic begins.
- Path of Feeling: a fun Way of Dwarfs and Giants; different ecosystems in pitch black darkness at Xensatorium; a walk beneath the Earth in the Labyrinth of Underground Arteries; a place full of nature in The Eden; and a refreshing Xitric Garden in this trail known before as Consensible Circuit.
- Path of Doing: known before as Inconsensible Circuit, get wondered with a big red Heartbeat; an original and nonsensical Town; a waterslide in Slip; a hover in the sky in Bird Flight; floating down the stream in Riverlaxing; and getting covered in mud from head to toe in the Sludgerie.
Here are 20 instagrammable spots in and near Tulum
- Tulum Wooden Sculpture aka Ven A La Luz
- Follow That Dream sign
- Coco Tulum
- Selina Tulum
- Crooked Tree @ Playa Paraiso de Tulum
- Big Bunny @ Conestesia Tulum
- Casa Malca- Pablo Escobar Mansion
- Roc Luxe Tulum
- Matcha Mama
- Cenote Calavera
- Cenote Dos Ojas
- Gran Cenote
- Papaya Playa Project
- Cenote Suytun
- Cenote Chukum
- Hacienda Cenote Oxmán
- Chichén Itzá
- TULUM sign -Cervecería Tulum
- I Scream Bar
I will be adding to this list as I find out more and more fun experience you must put on your Tulum Bucket List. So if you find a new spot or a spot that you want others to know about please leave me a comment.